Saturday, April 19, 2014

Favourite New Product of The Month #1

This is going to be a new monthly series in which I shall be talking about one new purchase that has stood out as my favourite for the month. This month I am going to be talking about a new cleanser that I have been using.

Last month I finished the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser which I ended up really liking but I was a bit bored of cream cleansers and wanted to try a cleansing balm. When I saw that the Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm was on offer in Boots I couldn't resist and wanted to try it out. I have been using this for about 2 weeks now and so far I am quite impressed.

I have never used a balm before so I was quite cautious of the texture of this but I was pleasantly surprised. This rubs into the skin amazingly and turns into an oil like texture which gets rid of your make up and also leaves your skin feeling really clean and fresh. I tend to massage this into my face for about a minute or so and then use the hot cloth to soak it off. 

Your skin is left feeling a little greasy which I am not a massive of but in the end it does leave
your skin very very soft! Because of the slight greasy feel it leaves on your skin I only really use this cleanser before bed because I think if you used it in the morning before applying make up your skin would be left feeling a little too oily. I have combination skin so for me this has the perfect amount of oiliness (is that a word), enough to keep my dry skin hydrated but not too much that I look like a greasy mess!! If you have more oily skin I am not sure this product would be great for you though.

The colour of this is a bit strange but I actually quite like how bright it is! This cleanser has a really nice fresh smell to it and is 97% organic which I think is great. I have used this 15ish times now and it doesn't even look like I have used that much so I reckon this 70 ml container will last me a while.

Overall I am surprisingly happy with this product! I think that for some people this may feel too greasy on the skin but it doesn't bother me too much and I also feel like I need the natural oils for hydration. If you are curious about cleansing balms I would give this a go before investing in a much pricey option, as for £6.49 this is a steal!! Please come back Monday to see a review of a high end foundation which was love at first blend! Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading,

                                                                                Laura xxx

Botanics 97% Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm- £6.49 (normally £8.99) 

No comments:

Post a Comment