Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Primed And Ready To Go


I love primer and I am not sure why? Primer is just one of my favourite beauty products and something I will never miss out of my routine. If you read my blog a lot you will know I am in an intense love affair with one particular primer, the Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser but I must confess, I am having affair!!

Since the Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer* strolled into my life I have found myself using this more and more, which has meant the poor tea tree one has be sent to the bottom of my make up bag, unused and unloved. I love a good primer so whenever I first try out a new one I go in with high expectations and it was no different with this one. I am a complete Pixi virgin so using one of their products for the first time was obviously very exciting. 


The consistency of this product is very similar to the Benefit Porefessional, in that it feels creamy and soft, unlike my old favourite which feels much more like a gel. As the names suggests both of the primers are aimed at combatting pores, making them look smaller to creat ea more flawless make up look. Both of the primers do this very well, in my opinion the Pixi one slightly better though. 


Obviously you want primer to make your make up last longer, and both are fab at doing that! Over this hot period of weather I have been experimenting with both and I have to say there is very little between them in terms of how good my make up looks at the end of the day. My only slight complaint about the Pixi one is that it does tend to make my T Zone a little oily throughout the day, luckily I have normal to dry skin but I think if you had oily skin this primer might not work for you. 


I can't actually put my finger on what I like so much about this Pixi primer but something about it is just fab!! It definitely helps my make up stay on longer, but also creates a lovely smooth base for make up application. Now before we get ahead of ourselves I am not suggesting completely dumping my Tea Tree primer, that would be stupid! But I think for a while I might just be primer polygamous!! 

Please improve my boring Wednesday by giving me a little follow on Bloglovin, hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading, 

No comments:

Post a Comment