Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June Favourites: Make Up Edition


So here we go with part 2 of my monthly favourites, and this time it is my make up favourites!! So let's crack on with this list:

MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit- £3.50 from Superdrug
I got this little beauty a couple of months back and I have been really impressed by it. For £3.50 I wasn't expecting great things but I was really pleasantly surprised. It comes with 2 colours a dark brown and then a more taupey brown colour. For me the lighter taupe colour is but I do occasionally use the darker colour on the ends of my brows where they are a bit lighter or if I want a more dramatic look. The kit also comes with a highlighter and a gel to set your brows and also some really cute mini tweezers. It's cheap and such a good quality and I know friends who have used this and it has lasted them ages.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush-£8.99 from Superdrug 
Now this is the first real techniques brush I ever bought and I have to say it got me completely hooked. I use it mostly for putting on foundation and BB creams but as all of the brushes are multi purpose I use it for loads of other things as well. It is great for blending concealer, especially around the nose and under the eyes but it is also amazing for applying cream blushes. I think real technique brushes are just the best brushes and I would recommend everyone invest in them! Only today I convinced my friend to buy the starter kit and she loves them already.


Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya-£7.99 from Boots
For some reason I use to really have a problem with Revlon but over the last couple of months I have been visiting their stand more and they actually have some fab products. Not only does this lip butter have great colour pay off but it leaves the lips feeling hydrated for ages. The smell is also so fresh and lovely and the colour is just perfect for summer. Been wearing it loads this month! 

L'oreal Intenza Eyeliner in 02 Golden Black- £9.99 from Boots
For ages and ages I was not a fan of eyeliner, simply because I was completely rubbish at applying it! But a couple of months ago I decided that I need to just get an eyeliner and try and make it work. Now I can just about apply eyeliner without it looking like a child has drawn all over my eyelid (progress). This gel eyeliner is such a pretty colour, it's black but has flicks of gold throughout which creates a really pretty effect on your eye. But the thing I love about this product the most is the brush. It is very rare to find a product that actually comes with a half decent brush so when I started using this one I was blown away!! This gel eyeliner is the best I have and it has become my favourite one to use when I'm going on a night out. 


Rimmel Lasting Finish Blush in Santa Rose- £3.99 from Superdrug
Now if you have read any of my previous posts you will know that I will literally buy any shade of make up if I like the name (I know I know it's bad) and this is blush is an example of this! I bought this back in December and I have loved it ever since, I lost it a couple of months ago and I was so so upset but finding it again made me love it even more. It's a beautiful corally bronze colour which makes your skin just glow. I would go as far as to say this is my all time favourite blush!! ( I know big claim). While on the topic of blushes I shall move on to my other favourite blush which is the Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush in Pinched, I'm not going to talk about this one too much as i did a mini review in my summer essentials so if you want to hear about this go check that out (http://maquillagemagic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/high-street-summer-beauty-essentials.html



Autograph Ultra Shine Twist-Up Lip Colour in Rose Shine- £9.50 from Marks and Spencer
So my final favourite I actual forgot to include in the picture, but it is this lip colour. The packaging of this is very similar to the Revlon Lip Balm Stains and it is also very similar in formulation to those. For me what makes this stand out though is the colour and the smell. The colour is just a lovely rosey pink which I am just completely obsessed with, I could wear it all day everyday for the rest of my life and still love it I think! Also the smell is amazing I want to lick it everytime I apply it!!

So that is it for my June monthly favourites. I did say I would do a skincare edition but instead of that I am going to do a current skincare routine next week !! Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading.

                                                                     L xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment