Monday, June 23, 2014

Lola Make Up by Perse Review

I banged on about it for long enough but just in case you don't know I recently went on holiday to Lanzarote. I was having a great time but when I stumbled across a new make up shop my holiday got a whole lot better!! I had resisted purchasing anything at duty free so decided I was allowed to buy a few little things!! The brand I was most intrigued by was called Lola and I had never heard of it before so thought it wasn't available in the UK. Turns out they actually sell it in Marks and Spencer's but after doing a little googling I still couldn't find many reviews on the products so I have decided to do some of my own! 

One thing that I really do like about this brand is the packaging, it is very sleek and makes it look more expensive than it is. The prices varied from €9 for a lipstick/lipgloss to €14.95 for the blush/bronzer duo. I'm not really sure what that is converted to pounds but I'm guessing it is priced at the upper end of the drugstore, similar to Soap and Glory for example. One of the things I don't like though is that not all of the products had names, most just had shade numbers. I'm a girl who loves a good make up name so this did actually put me off slightly.  

The first product I was immediately drawn to was this lovely Blusher Duo in 001. This duo contains a nice matte bronzer and a beautiful peachy pink shimmery blush. I decided to pick this up because it reminded me slightly of a Nars duo which contains Laguna and either Deep Throat or Orgasm blusher. My one concern with this duo is that in the pan the bronzer looks very dark but actually after swatching and then using it on my face it isn't too dark at all. I think out of the duo I prefer the blusher as the bronzer is slightly too orange for my skin but I think it will be better when I have a tan again. The blusher however is absoloutely stunning and when I use this I tend not to need a highlighter as well because I think the shimmer in this is just enough. Overall I am really happy with this duo, it wasn't too expensive and I know that I will get use out of both the blusher and bronzer. 


I also was really drawn to this beautiful pink lipstick, 016 Dream Like. I don't really know how to describe this colour but I guess it is like a baby pink with silver glitter running through it. That makes it sound horrible, but I really like it! The texture of this is lovely and it just glides on your lips feeling lovely and moisturising. Compared to some of the other lipsticks I swatched in store, this felt a lot nicer. This is from there Ultra Shine range so it looks lovely and glossy on the lips, a look I am loving at the moment. The lipstick itself is slightly sheer but I think the amount of colour you get is just perfect. The wear on this is really good as well, I would say it lasts a good 4 hours before you feel like you need to reapply. Again I am really happy with this product and I can see myself using this lipstick loads, especially over summer!


I am very interested to try more from this brand and I hope this maybe gave you guys some inspiration to try it out! Have any of you heard of it? Recommend me anything else to try? I will see if I can find links for the products and put them at the bottom. Make sure to follow me on Bloglovin and come back tomorrow for a post all about summer blushers. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading,

Laura xx

Lola at Marks and Spencer- http://www.marksandspencer.com/l/beauty/lola/face


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, this is exciting and interesting. I've never heard of this brand before, but these products look so pretty! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete