Tuesday, July 15, 2014

How I Look After My Face: Skincare Treats

 2 posts on skincare may have been enough but I couldn't talk about skincare and not mention some of the products that are just the best for giving your skin a little TLC. The products I am going to be talking about I don't use on a daily basis but are what I lean for if I'm having a little pamper, so here goes!

A good face mask is an absolute essential in any skincare routine and I have to admit I am a little addicted to face masks, I have so many but this is the one I having been loving at the moment. The Soap and Glory No Clogs Allowed is exactly the type of mask my skin needs at the moment, it declogs pores which helps get rid of spots (and I have loads atm) and just leaves your face feeling beautifully clean and healthy. You apply this all over your face and it comes out white with little beads in, then you wet your face slightly and the little beads break, the mask turns blue and heats up, which is just so cool!! I am a massive fan of soap and glory but haven't tried too much of their skincare stuff so if you guys can recommend me anymore bits let me know please!


So in my morning routine I mentioned my everyday facial scrub but once a week or so I like to give my skin a bit more of an aggressive scrub and for that I love the Body Shop Spa Wisdom Japan Adzuki Bean and Rice Wash Grain. This is basically just a little jar of scrubby goodness! Like my other scrub I just use this in the shower, I scoop some out of the jar give it a good rub all over my face and then wash it off. My skin literally feels like new skin after using this! It is so so so soft. I would really really suggest trying this, if you have sensitive skin you might want to be slightly wary though because it is quite harsh. I also wouldn't suggest using this too often, I rarely use it more than once a week. These can be used on your body as well, I haven't actually tried that before but I reckon it would be really lovely on your body skin as well!


Staying on the theme of scrubs I will talk about my all time favourite lush product, I know that is a massive statement but I think you may agree. The Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub is not only a super scrub for your lips which just leaves them lovely and ready for any matte lipstick but also smells and tastes great. Now you can eat this stuff but I feel a bit weird about eating it so I just wash this off after I'm done. I tend to use this a couple of times a week but will use it more if I am wearing a matte lipstick that day/night because you need your lips to be in great condition for that. I haven't tried many other lip scrubs before but because this one is so great I don't think I really need to stray from this firm favourite. Also this is bright pink, could you really ask for more?


Finally onto another Body Shop number and that is the Cocoa Butter Beautifying Oil. I know loads of people love this product and use it for so many different things but I love it for my face as a little treat. I would say I have combination skin, I get dry patches but then get oily as well so I definitely couldn't use this product all the time but sometimes instead of my night time moisturiser I use this for a little more oily goodness. I literally use the tiniest amount of this and just pat it into my skin, mostly avoiding my T zone then just go to sleep. In the morning my skin feels amazing!


Ok so that is definitely enough skincare talk for a while! Hope you enjoyed these skincare posts because it isn't something I talk about a lot. Please come back tomorrow when I shall be talking about something naughty I have done recently, whoops!! Please follow me on Bloglovin and Instagram too if you want, hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading,

Laura xxx

Face Mask- http://www.boots.com/en/Soap-Glory%E2%84%A2-No-Clogs-Allowed%E2%84%A2-Super-Self-Heating-Deep-Pore-Detox-Mask_1364146/

Face Scrub- http://www.thebodyshop.com/bath-body/spa-treatments/japan-adzuki-bean-rice-wash-grains.aspx

Lip Scrub- https://www.lush.co.uk/products/bubblegum

Beautifying Oil- http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/bath-body-care/beautifying-oils/cocoa-butter-beautifying-oil.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment