Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Make Up Starter Kit (All Products Under A Tenner)


Rimmel, Maybelline, Barry M, L'oreal and Collection!! The drugstore is full of low cost but great quality brands who have so so many products to choose from! So when it comes to getting together a basic make up kit you are absolutely spoilt for choice, but I have managed to narrow the hundreds of products down to what I think is the essentials in anyones make up starter kit. I haven't mentioned lip products in this post at all because picking one was just too hard so what I'm going to do is top 10 drugstore lip products post instead! So let's go...

Now to start a base, before putting on any make up I like to apply a primer. This makes your skin look generally smoother and nicer, zs well as keeping your make up in place all day. My
current favourite is Garnier 5 Sec Perfect Blur (£8.66), I did a full review of this the other day so you can check that out if you want to know more . Now onto your BB cream or Foundation. I have included one of each to keep everyone happy. For days where my skin is looking great I will always use a BB cream and out of all the ones I have tried the Garnier BB cream (£6.66) is my stand out winner. The coverage is really nice and light, feeling almost like you are wearing nothing, but at the same time covers up any imperfections just the right amount. BB creams are a dream in summer so make sure you have one! My winning Foundation has to go to an oldie but a goodie and it is Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (£9.99). This Foundation is literally one of the best I have ever tried from the drugstore! It is medium coverage (which is great for me) and creates a dewy finish. This Foundation is so reasonably priced but also so amazing, if you have never tried it firstly why? and secondly go get it, NOW! 




After I apply my foundation/BB cream I conceal any blemishes that the base hasn't covered. For spots, red blotches and blemishes I love the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£3.99). This is a favourite for so many people and I am sure you have heard loads about it but it really is great. I love how creamy it is and it stays on for ages so you don't have to keep touching up! I do find this concealer to cakey for under my eyes though so instead I use the Maybelline Dream Lumi (£6.99), this is perfect for under eyes as it covers dark circles and brightens your skin. It is also great for highlighting. After all of that I finish it off with either a powder or a setting spray depending on how I'm feeling! My pick for powder is the Rimmel Clear Complexion Transparent Powder (£3.99), it sets make up beautifully but also doesn't leave your skin looking or feeling cakey. If I'm using a setting spray I would use the Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist (£8), this has a lovely rose scent and feels lovely on the skin. A couple of sprays at the beginning of the day leaves your make up in place for hours.

Next is onto my eyes. I would normally do my eyebrows now but I decided not to talk about eyebrow products because I am trying loads of new things out at the moment so watch this
space because there will probably be a post on eyebrows coming very shortly!! Anyway eye shadow, for this I did cheat because I picked two things but both have to be mentioned! So firstly my Sleek Colour Palette in The Original 594 (£7.99). I think sleek do some of the best colour palettes on the market, the shadows are super pigmented and all blend really nicely! If you don't like the colours in this palette check out their others, they are all great. Cream eye shadow wise my pick is the Maybelline Color 24HR Tattoos (£4.99), these are just amazing! All 3 of the ones I have are really pretty colours and are great either on their own or mixed with other colours. The only thing I would say about these is that you have to make sure you put the lids on really tightly as they dry out easily. 




After eyeshadow comes eyeliner (which I am awful at applying) and again I cheated and picked 2! First is the Collection Gel Eyeliner in Black (£3.99), This is great for creating a winged look or just to line your top lashes. Again keep the cap on because this drys out easily. My other pick is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Sticks (£4.49), these are technically eyeshadows but I mostly use them for eyeliner, Bulletproof Beige looks great and makes your eyes look really big! So finally  mascara and I actually forgot to include a picture of this (sorry!!) but I did do a post on mascaras this week so if you want to know what my favourite drugstore mascaras are then go check that out now!!! HERE IT IS


Now for me these bits are the finishing touch to any look. Blusher and Bronzer make your skin look so much more radiant and healthy, I just can't get ready without them!! My favourite cream blush is the Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Pinched (£7.99). This pinky peach tone leaves a lovely flush of colour on your cheeks, I'm not sure how much I will be using cream blushers as we head into Autumn but whilst it is still Summer I love them. If you have oily skin (or just like powder blushers) The Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Santa Rose (£3.99) might be better for you. This is a really nice coppery toned pink, I think this could be my favourite blush of all time!! And finally everyone loves that bronzed look and for me the best way to achieve that is with Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder (£6.99). I love this for creating a bronzed look and also for contouring!

So that is all!!! And I have done the maths (well used my calculator) to work out that all these products would cost you £103.18!!!!! Now that may seem like a lot but for some people this is all the make up they would need!

Phew!!! That seemed like a long post!! Hope you all enjoyed and thanks for reading!


                                                                      L xxx


6 comments:

  1. Great post, and super helpful! I can't get enough of the Sleek blushs at the moment.

    www.northernskybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of their blushes and I love it, I do find sleek isn't the cheapest drugstore brand though!

      Delete
  2. You have some great make-up bag must haves here! The only product im not a huge fan of, are the eye pencils by rimmel! I have the same two as you and i was just so disappointed!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really! what didn't you like about them? as eyeshadow I don't like them but eyeliner I really like. L xx

      Delete
  3. great products! love the scandal eyes! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the scandaleyes are great! and yeah sure, i'll follow you on bloglovin! l xxx

      Delete