Saturday, August 31, 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection Review

From the top- Contour Brush, Detailer Brush, Buffing Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush

So this is very long overdue but I did want to use the brushes before I gave a review. So after about 2 weeks of using them I am ready to give my (very positive) review! 

The Core Collection contains 4 brushes, a Buffing Brush, a Pointed Foundation Brush, a Contour Brush and finally a Detailer Brush. All 4 of the brushes are really really good and I use them all in my everyday make up routine. I think this is really good because in most collections there is sometimes one product that you just don't use that much. My favourite brush so far is the Buffing Brush. It is suggested to be used for 'full coverage application of Powder and Mineral Foundations'. I have been using it to apply all my foundations! I have experimented with almost every foundation I own and all of them apply beautifully with this brush. It does give quite a full coverage so if you want a lighter coverage use less product that you normally would. I have also used this to apply setting powder and it is great for that as well.

The Contour Brush is for 'delicately applying highlighter', I have used this for applying highlighter and also bronzer when I want to contour. The brush is so soft and feels lovely on your skin. I personally think it applies bronzer better that highlighter for some reason but it is good for both. I have also found that because the brush is quite small it is great for blending concealer under the eyes. The Pointed Foundation Brush is to be used with 'liquid foundation to build custom coverage' I haven't even tried using this with foundation though. The brush is really small and I just don't think it would apply foundation amazingly but what I have been using it for is to apply and blend concealer. The brush is a good size for getting into any creases and tiny areas of your face. Finally the Detailer Brush, now when I first got this I wasn't sure what I was going to use it for. Real Techniques suggests to use it for 'effortlessly conceal problem areas or use with lipstick'. I have found that for me this is a great lip brush. I mostly use it to apply red lipstick and from what I have found so far it is really nice. I will probably try using this as a tiny concealer brush at some point but right now I am just loving it for my lips!!



So overall if you haven't already guessed I LOVE this collection!! The brushes are all great, so soft and also really easy to clean which is super handy! I was already hooked on Real Techniques and this has just made me more addicted than ever, I now can't wait for the release of the make up sponge!! What do you guys use your brushes for? Let me know in the comments!!

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading,
   
                                                                          
                                                                             L xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment