Monday, August 12, 2013

Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation Review


A couple of Sundays ago I was enjoying my usual Sunday beauty blog browse when I read Pearls and Poodles review of this foundation. Her review got me instantly hooked so when I went shopping the next day I picked up this foundation to give it a try and I have to say it was love at first application.

I have it in the lightest colour I could find 15 Opal. It is a high coverage foundation which is suppose to hide even the biggest of flaws. My initial worry was that because this is such high coverage it would feel cakey on my skin but boy was I wrong. I have been using my Real Techniques Expert Face brush to apply this and it feels so lightweight on your skin, like you are wearing no foundation at all which I love. I have to say I don't really need a high coverage foundation, I get the odd spot but overall my skin is pretty ok, so I have been using literally a pea sized amount, maybe even less. The product goes a long way so make sure you squeeze out only a tiny amount.

This foundation provides a really nice dewy finish and has really good staying power. It claims to stay on for 16 hours, but as I normally only have make up on for about 12 hours a day I haven't tested that but I have found that I don't really need to touch up too much with this foundation throughout my day. One layer of this stuff creates such good coverage and a really good finish but it is really buildable if you want a completely flawless look. 


I know this foundation sounds amazing and I haven't said a bad word about it yet! But I do have one slight criticism. This sticks to dry skin quite a lot so make sure you have really moisturised your face well before application. I tried to putting it on the other day without moisturiser and it was not a pretty sight!! Overall though this foundation is really really impressive, the finish is amazing and I love how light it feels on your skin. If you have dry skin this foundation may not be for you but I do think it would be ok for most people.

Remember everything I say is my opinion so you may not love it but I seriously do!! This is available in Boots but it is a more pricey drugstore product coming in at £15.50, saying that I do think it is worth the money and as you only need to use a tiny amount it will hopefully last quite a while. Also when I purchased mine I think it was on offer, maybe £3 off. So you can always look out for a deal on this if you don't want to pay full price!

I've bought so many new products recently so expect quite a few reviews for different products coming up. Hope you enjoyed or found this helpfully and thanks for reading!

What do you think of this foundation? Have you tried it? Do you want to try it? Let me know!

                                                                  L xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment