Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Favourites: Make Up Edition

So my final installment of monthly favourites and by far my longest list (sorry). July has literally flown by but I have still managed to notch up quite a few favourites!

First up a recent purchase and it is No 7 eye shadow brushes. Boots were doing their £3 off No7 make up at the beginning of the month so with my voucher in hand I purchased two of these brushes, the eye colour brush and eye shadow blend and contour brush. Both of the brushes are a really good quality and are now practically the only eye brushes I use. The eye colour brush is perfect for applying colour all over the lid where as the eye blend and contour brush is amazing for using in the crease ( a dupe for Mac 217 maybe?) Both are great brushes and also such a good price!
Mac Girl About Town

Next up is a cheeky product. I love drugstore make up but this is a higher end product, but a girl deserves a treat every once in a while I think!! This lipstick is £14 but I think it is completely worth the price tag. Mac Girl about town is just a stunning colour and has such a lovely texture and feel on the lips (like most mac lipsticks). The super bright pinky purple colour looks lovely on the lips and has great pigmentation. I'm loving a bright lip this summer and this a must have lipstick when it comes to summer brights. 

Now concealer. Over the last month or so I seem to have unintentionally gathered quite a collection of concealers and this is a fairly new addition to my stash but is already becoming a firm favourite. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer is the perfect under eye/highlight concealer. You only need a small amount but it completely brightens your eyes and brings out those cheek bones. Over July I have found myself reaching for this more and more. I have struggled to find an under eye concealer but I think this has finally filled the whole in my make up life. If you haven't tried this head down to the shop right this second and try it out!


Eye shadows have been a must have this month and I find myself grabbing my MUA Undress Me Too palette literally everyday. The selection of 12 colours is great and the pigmentation is even better. I don't want to talk about this product too much as I have recently reviewed it so if you want to know more check out my review here.






Staying on the eye shadow theme I have also been loving this No7 eye shadow in Mink. I think I found this at the bottom of my Mum's make up bag about 6 months ago and stole it, as she has never used it. I wasn't expecting great things but I was pleasantly surprised. If I'm in a rush I just quickly apply this to the lids and I'm good to go. This colour is also really complimentary to many of my other eye shadow favourites so it is perfect for blending with other colours for a more dramatic eye look. 

So that is it for another monthly favourites! I have loads of blogs planned for the coming months but if anyone has any requests or suggestions do let me know! Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

                                                                 L xxx 

Also let me know your make up favourites, I am in the mood for beauty shopping so would love to try some new products out!

Also also has anyone bought the new Maybelline babylips yet? I'm planning to do a review very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment